Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, September 16 2024 @ 04:50 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Error invalid username admin

ajohnson

Forum User
Junior
I installed Geeklog on another web site hosted by Godaddy. It is actually installed by them, you just select it to be installed from a "Value Added" menu and they do the work.

Unfortunately, it does not seem to have an admin account. Looking at search results here, no one seems to have quite the same problem as this. I tried clearing cache, cookies etc but that doesn't help. I get this error from the error log when I try to log in:

Error, invalid username: 'admin'

How can I add an admin user so I can access the control panel?

Thank You for your help.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
From a recent discussion, I got the impression that GoDaddy's installer actually creates an account that is not named "admin". Probably more like your GoDaddy account name.

The error message is pretty clear - there is not account named "admin" in the database.

bye, Dirk

ajohnson

Forum User
Junior
You are right. When Godaddy installs Geeklog, the installer asks you for a username and password. On the first Godaddy-Geeklog installation I did, the username and password I supplied during the install didn't do anything, but I was able to login to the admin account with admin and password. If you remember, I commented in another thread that Godaddy deletes part of the first story normally found on a Geeklog install, removing the information about the admin username and pwd.

Now on this particular install, the normal admin username and password ("admin" and "password") does not work. I didn't initially think to use the username and pwd supplied during install as it didn't work on the last install. However, it does work on this install.

So, I guess for Godaddy, the admin username and password can either be "admin" and "password" or what you supplied at Geeklog install.

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:50 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content