Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, September 16 2024 @ 04:23 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Installation error I give up

Alpha4

Anonymous
This is strange because It worked last night and I got the success page(unless I was dreaming)...my main problem yesterday was permissions, but I figured it out. This morning I get this:

Text Formatted Code
Warning: main(/home/bojdnld/etc/geeklog/config.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/bojdnld/public_html/esol/lib-common.php on line 69

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/bojdnld/etc/geeklog/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bojdnld/public_html/esol/lib-common.php on line 69

I'm 100% sure my path correctly in both config.php and lib-common.php

Lib-common
Text Formatted Code
require_once( '/home/bojdnld/etc/geeklog/config.php' );

config
Text Formatted Code

// This should point to the directory where your config.php file resides.
$_CONF['path']            = '/home/bojdnld/etc/geeklog/'; // should end in a slash

// You only need to change this if you moved or renamed the public_html
// directory. In that case, you should specify the complete path to the
// directory (i.e. without the $_CONF['path']) like this:
// $_CONF['path_html']      = '/path/to/your/public_html/';
$_CONF['path_html']         = '/home/bojdnld/public_html/esol/';

Is it a permission error again? why did it work last night?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I would say your webserver (and thus PHP and Geeklog) doesn't have read access to your config.php. So check the permissions and ownership of the file and the directories it's in.

bye, Dirk

Alpha4

Anonymous
Thank you so much Dirk. You came to the rescue as usual. My Cpanel says that etc folder permissions are set to 777, but that's not true. When I look at the same folder using WS_FTP the permissions are different. I went ahead and set my etc folder to 777 now it works again. Should I leave it at 777? is it safe?

Thanks again

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
If you can, change the owner of all of Geeklog's files and directories to the process that's running your server - that would be the safest option, as you should then be able to get away with 700 on the directories.

If you can't: 777 is not a security issue in itself, but it could one day backfire in combination with another security issue ...

bye, Dirk

Alpha4

Anonymous
thank you Sir!

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:23 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content