Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, September 19 2024 @ 08:39 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

How can I make the user listing public?

orepa

Forum User
Chatty
I would like to make the listing of users on my GL site public and also want to add two more fields of content (company and phone) to that page. Is it possible and how can I get it done. I'm new to PHP and Geeklog.

Example: The current user list include User Name, Full Name, Log in Date, and Email Address.

I would like to display the following in this order: Full Name, Email Address, Company, and Website. I would also like to have the company name displayed in the profile section.

orepa

Forum User
Chatty
I'm hoping this link would clarify my needs and I hope someone is able to point me in the right directions since I am not a programmer.

I came across Dirk's (Thank You Dirk!!) post http://www.geeklog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=40499 that provided a great script that creates a simple user list. I would like to add to that list the homepage and location. I would also like to make that page visible to the public if at all possible since I only want specific users to be listed and not everyone that has join the site. How would I tackle this?

geiss

Forum User
A friend of mine wrote a GL plugin that adds admin defined categories with an icon that a user can pick from in their profile, and then display each users selections on a roster page. It also allows roster page alphabetical filtering by a field (in our case the clan tag =MF=). The plugin was specifically written for our clan page www.midnightforce.com (<-- link to our roster page to check out), but should be able to be re-purposed to suit your needs. Grab it for GL v1.4.1 here.

Note that it currently comes without warranty / technical support, we at gllabs.org have taken over this plugin (with my friend's blessing), and will continue development on it in the future. If you have any thoughts/ideas, please feel free to post in our forum.

Hope this helps!

Eric
Synergy - Stability - Style --- Visit us at glfusion.org

orepa

Forum User
Chatty
hank you, I will check it out.

I appreciate your responding to my request and providing an alternative.

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:39 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content