Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, September 19 2024 @ 11:44 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

A few mods wanted

Ddr

Forum User
Junior
First, I have to say I really love Geeklog and my hat is off to you folks for doing an awesome job of development and support. The GL community has put out a really versatile web tool.

I am setting up a new front end to my site with Geeklog. There was a long wish list when I started. Some of the things I got done on my own. I am no programmer, but I can copy/paste really well. The easy things are accomplished. Other things may just be too ambitious. But I still have a few items on my wish list. I have done some searching here on the Board and it might just be that I need some custom code written. If anyone has solutions for me, either from solutions that have already been offered or on a fee basis, I would be happy to at least discuss the options.

My wish list:

-I would like my new registrants to get a custom confirmation email, not the one they get now

-I would like new registrants to be automatically opted-in to a "newsletter group" which they can remove themselves from in the Privacy tab of "My Account". The information stored for each group member would be their start date, their username, and their email address. Of course, being in the "newsletter group" should not exclude anyone from being in the normal user groups they would be entered in.

-I would like the "newsletter group" info to be exportable (start date, username, email address) as a text file for use in an outside newsletter management application.

-I would like to redesign the LINKS page. There needs to be some space for sponsored (banner) ads and a more pleasing interface. The details can be discussed.

These are the major ones. Another one, perhaps too big to ask for, is to integrate the login for geeklog with an existing Invision Power Board on my site, so that the 700 existing IPB members dont have to sign up for the GL frontend of the site.....and where logging into either will log you into both.

I have more, but I will stop here. Some I can do myself. Some will never happen. As a good friend of mine says sarcastically, "it's nice to want". But I also believe if you dont ask, you wont get. So if someone has help to offer, lets talk. Thanks in advance.

Dale

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: Ddr

-I would like my new registrants to get a custom confirmation email, not the one they get now

http://wiki.geeklog.net/wiki/index.php/Welcome_Email

Quote by: Ddr

-I would like to redesign the LINKS page. There needs to be some space for sponsored (banner) ads and a more pleasing interface.

Modify the template files. They're located in /path/to/geeklog/plugins/links/templates

bye, Dirk

Ddr

Forum User
Junior
Thanks, Dirk. I will check those out.

I am still interested in talking to anyone who can do the other, more complicated things for a fee. ( if I can afford you :rtfm: )

Until then, thanks again for the help and the great CMS.

Dale

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:44 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content