Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, September 07 2024 @ 11:55 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Moving a website from one domain to another

richard.bkk

Forum User
Junior
We use for a few websites gl 1.5.1 and a few glfusion 1.0.2 and we have problems moving websites from one domain to another domain.

Before it was just copy the whole folder from one location to another, change the config files so they point to the right location and you where back in business. Now I changed siteconfig but I still get "This file can not be used on its own."

ironmax

Anonymous
Quote by: richard.bkk

We use for a few websites gl 1.5.1 and a few glfusion 1.0.2 and we have problems moving websites from one domain to another domain. Before it was just copy the whole folder from one location to another, change the config files so they point to the right location and you where back in business. Now I changed siteconfig but I still get "This file can not be used on its own."

Richard, You will most likely have to use phpMyAdmin to go into your database and change all the domain names and paths to get this fixed. Its not as bad as you think. Once you have all that changed over in the gl_conf_values table of your database, then you should be able to pull your website up and make any other changes you want. See screen shot of what I mean. Michael

richard.bkk

Forum User
Junior
Ironmax,

Thanks for your help, it did not worked out completely okay. Now I get "Unfortunately, an error has occurred rendering this page. Please try again later."

Okay let me explain what I did, on the same server and hosting account I moved a folder of a addon domain to another folder, it looks like /home/hosting/public_html/domain01.com and the new setup is /home/hosting/public_html/domain02.com

As the folder is a full copy, it is unlikely I forget anything, and the website was working okay before the move....

I'm bit with my hands in my hair, as I told my client that it was not much work.....

ironmax

Anonymous

Ironmax,

Thanks for your help, it did not worked out completely okay. Now I get "Unfortunately, an error has occurred rendering this page. Please try again later."

Okay let me explain what I did, on the same server and hosting account I moved a folder of a addon domain to another folder, it looks like /home/hosting/public_html/domain01.com and the new setup is /home/hosting/public_html/domain02.com

As the folder is a full copy, it is unlikely I forget anything, and the website was working okay before the move....

I'm bit with my hands in my hair, as I told my client that it was not much work.....

You will need to look at the error log to find out what caused this error.

From what you had written, it looks like you are still missing something. Verify your config.php file and also make sure you have all the permissions set correctly. Don't forget you have to make that path change in the lib-common.php file as well.
Text Formatted Code

/**
* Configuration Include: You should ONLY have to modify this line.
* Leave the rest of this file intact!
* Make sure to include the name of the config file,
* i.e. the path should end in .../config.php
*/
require_once( '/path/to/config.php' );

// Before we do anything else, check to ensure site is enabled

Michael

jmucchiello

Forum User

Ironmax,

And what is this error? Put $_CONF['rootdebug'] = true into your siteconfig.php so you can find out what this error is.

koalasoft

Forum User
Hi !!

I have the same case, and I already made the modifications where they indicate here, but now it sends the following message to me
Text Formatted Code
Template Error: set_root: none of these directories exist: nouveau/custom, nouveau
Halted.

and strange it is that if exists.

what is necessary to change for quit this message and my site working ??

or what is the correct procedure that there is to make to migrate the site from a place to another one but with different directory public ??

Grettings !! Mr. Green
**Cuando el Alumno esta listo, el Maestro Aparece **
::Geeklog support in Spanish::

ironmax

Anonymous
Quote by: koalasoft

Hi !!

I have the same case, and I already made the modifications where they indicate here, but now it sends the following message to me

Text Formatted Code
Template Error: set_root: none of these directories exist: nouveau/custom, nouveau
Halted.

what is necessary to change for quit this message and my site working ??

or what is the correct procedure that there is to make to migrate the site from a place to another one but with different directory public ??

Grettings !! Mr. Green

Sounds like your theme is not updated. Its missing all or a good portion of the changes that were made since 1.5.0 came out. You will need to go into your database, in the gl_conf_values table and change the value under theme to professional.

That should get your site up and running. You may have to clear your cache file.

Until you get you theme nouveau updated, you will not be able to use that theme.

Michael

koalasoft

Forum User
yes is update ... -.. change my theme in my table for theme professional to geeklog 1.5.1 .. now send this message
Template Error: set_root: none of these directories exist: /custom,
Halted.

What is wrog!! :pray:

ironmax

Anonymous

yes is update ... -.. change my theme in my table for theme professional to geeklog 1.5.1 .. now send this message

Template Error: set_root: none of these directories exist: /custom,
Halted.

What is wrog!! :pray:

Okay...try this. Make a directory under your theme and call it custom. Then go from there.

Michael

koalasoft

Forum User
I can do

this was my solution, worse if there is some best one please mention.

.- in my old server .. backups my db .. only table gl_cp_value not
.- now, in my new server .. I install new glfusion db (install new)
.- in the BD server new .. erase tables ... only gl_cp_value not
.- and restabled my DB backup in new server

. and ready !!

Grettings !! Mr. Green

jmucchiello

Forum User

Hi !!

Text Formatted Code
Halted.

Did you overlay Geeklog 1.5.1 over a version of glFusion? You can't do that. If you are upgrading/moving a glFusion site you need to ask for help on the glFusion.org website.

richard.bkk

Forum User
Junior
After I changed $_CONF['rootdebug'] = true, I get some more information, it now says....

Text Formatted Code
An error has occurred:
2 - require_once(english_utf-8.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory @ /home/travelto/public_html/girls/lib-common.php line 853

Of course the language files in the language folder are still there

ironmax

Anonymous

After I changed $_CONF['rootdebug'] = true, I get some more information, it now says....

Text Formatted Code
An error has occurred:
2 - require_once(english_utf-8.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory @ /home/travelto/public_html/girls/lib-common.php line 853

Of course the language files in the language folder are still there

Does that directory have read permissions?

richard.bkk

Forum User
Junior
I changed the folder/directory to 777 and still the same problem.....

richard.bkk

Forum User
Junior
surprised
Okay, the problem is fixed.....

The problem was, that somehow the location of the language files was wrong, even after I changed all path related values in my database. The solution which made it work was the fusionrescue.php tool from Mark of glfusion.org, with this tool I was able to change the language path and the site worked again.....

ironmax

Anonymous

Okay, the problem is fixed.....

The problem was, that somehow the location of the language files was wrong, even after I changed all path related values in my database. The solution which made it work was the fusionrescue.php tool from Mark of glfusion.org, with this tool I was able to change the language path and the site worked again.....

Okay. Not a problem. I was going under the assumption that you were running geeklog and not glFusion. Thats why I couldn't figure out why you were having issues. See jmucchiello's post a few postings up. Geeklog had at one time a version of nouveau theme that worked with geeklog version 141.

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:55 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content